Blog Archive

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Rod Halpern

 

All Roof No House 

Calling back my dead to sheds in 
Stately yards the cut’s still fresh 
No one would think to resurrect

My theft downs dawn & cinders 
Like his eyes comport my beams 
In you my time will be yr labor 

No sky opens living meshes shiver
Trees go dead the dead go dig
- ing down my body’s conquered

High above yr head they hang no
Eyes compost his beams in mine
Remains still air inters whatever

- ’s real evicts no place to posit 
Still ash waste & consequence 
Whose hollowed mouths my in

- sides sing it out to you as if 
To vomit this I am

                                          only I when you cut here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  The poet Susan Howe, 77, at right, and her daughter, the painter R. H. Quaytman, 53, in Quaytman’s house, designed by the American sculpto...