Blog Archive

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Farid Matuk

 

Glistering

            young
clairvoyant body           
           I’m sorry I’m loud
this long, this poorly            
           around you the masc
worship slide is steep
and never stops
           I aged trying
to be at both ends            
           9%
humidity, burnt
oranges still
           on their stems
scintillating wind
           barking boy
           without friends
sitting under Jupiter in the sky
           all I have is sentiment
well bound in me 
            but not
in you who reads
            the spent or rested words
who sits on the grain 
           sparkle I don’t know
I’m holding in the quiet space
           next to jadeite
(for abundance)
           I dreamt, my transparency
           that you sprayed my throat
in Clorox from within
           a real friend
knows to stay well enough away
           a cover song
of love seen through
           to revolutionary intent
           my imitation
of my poem is my poem
the evil in us
           the actual absence of it
my young
clairvoyant body through the dry
           bright envelopment
already in the world
           gesturing sand
           in the air seen through
come ’round
           come rain
hand, here


No comments:

Post a Comment

  The poet Susan Howe, 77, at right, and her daughter, the painter R. H. Quaytman, 53, in Quaytman’s house, designed by the American sculpto...