Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tommy Pico

 

from Feed

Tommy Pico

Me n Leo yakkity yak yak’dabout writer’sblockand the starchy long stroke of quote unquote God on the Meadow Walkand he didn’t know I was fully head over banana peels I mean in Kiehl’sI mean in straight up crappy love with him yet and maybe I didn’teither? Sand crabs poking their bodies & legs post wave Hindsightis Good & Plenty I mean 20/20clearlythe worst Americancandy And what is candy, but a crush?Leo said it’s tangled upin waves in dreams in therapy That writer’s block(or is it god?)comes from being blocked upin other parts of the daysof our livesof our livesof our livesThis is a polysaccharide Effective deflectionRejection heavy,that he’d forgotten what the feelingof a goodidea isBut I’m standing right in front of you?I thought bubbled but never troubledthe airwith my utteranceInstead I said, “this is the part where you ask me for my number”

Feature Date

Share This Poem

Share on facebook
 
Share on twitter
 
Share on email

Print This Poem

Share on print

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The poet Susan Howe, 77, at right, and her daughter, the painter R. H. Quaytman, 53, in Quaytman’s house, designed by the American sculpto...